Why Asphalt needs Sealcoating?
- Water Absorption: Your asphalt surface is very porous, similar to a sponge. Asphalt that is not sealed lets large amounts of water seep into and underneath its surface. This causes your asphalt's foundation to deteriorate and causes your asphalt to weaken and crack, especially in the winter.
- Gas, Oil, Antifreeze and Salt: These elements can cause soft and weak spots to appear into your asphalt surface because they are of a petroleum nature.
- Sun and Oxidation: Asphalt that is not sealed can oxidize from the sun's heat. This can cause your asphalt to become very brittle, causing it to crack and deteriorate.
- Asphalt sealer can be applied by broom or spray methods, depending on the surface and individual needs of the customer. We order our sealcoating material in bulk and it is mixed at our facility to desired specifications. We can add sand for skid resistant surface, and a latex additive to reinforce the properties of the sealer. The latex additive helps the material to dry faster, increases toughness and flexibility, and improves gas, oil and chemical resistances.
No lot is too big for us to handle! Sprayed or squeegeed.
Benefits of Sealcoating! (More than Doubles the Life of Your Black-Top)
- Reduces Maintenance Cost: The smooth, even surface of sealed pavement makes sweeping, snow removal and maintenance easier and less expensive.
- Resists Gas Oil and Salt: Only coal tar sealer protects asphalt against the highly damaging effects of gas and oil seepage and all other road chemicals, especially alkalis and winter salt.
- Stop Weather Damage: Sealing prevents water seepage into the porous asphalt, stopping damage caused by rain, sleet, snow, frost, freezing and thawing temperatures. Also prevents hardening and drying caused by oxidation.
- Beautifies Pavement: Attractive slate black appearance, restores original color to asphalt and dries to an even textured finish.
Why Use STL Sealcoating
- Our Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our services, will will come back or refund your money. We are building our business on repeat customers, maybe you will try one of our other services...we are counting on it!
- One Year Warranty against workmanship